• Wide choice of high-end motorcycles
  • Quick & easy booking
  • Customer service available 6 days a week
  • 100% of satisfied customers

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

Choose from the list below to find answers to the most frequently asked questions.

If a subject, on which you would like more information, is not in this list, please contact us.

  • Conditions to rent a motorcycle ?

    You must be over 25 years old, have a valid driver's license of more than two years and have a personal means of payment, the rule being that the tenant is the payer.


    This means that if you are the tenant you will not be able to present your spouse's bank card for example.

  • I lost my driving licence, can i rent a motorcycle ?

    We do not accept lost and driving licence stolen declarations.

  • I have a foreign driving licence ; can i rent a motorcycle in your agencies ?

    We accept international driving licence that indicate that you are authorized to drive a motorcycle similar to the one you rent, only if accompanied by your original driving licence.

    Here are some examples of driving licence that we accept:

    European driving licence (Germany, Italy, France, England, Austria, Belgium, Bulgarie, Croatie, Chypre, République Tchèque, Danemark, Estonie, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Lettonie, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Malte, Hollande, Poland, Portugal, Roumanie, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Spain, et Sweden) : A 

    Canadian driving licence : Class 6A for all provinces except Ontario : Class M

    USA driving licence : All 50 states require approval of your motorcycle license which is equivalent to the motorcycle you are renting.

    Australian driving licence : R 

  • What is Securit Deposit ? Will it be debited ?

    The security deposit is intended to cover any damage that may occur during your rental, as well as additional billings (extra kilometers, extra days, fuel upgrade, etc.).

    This will be done by imprint of your credit card at the time of departure and will not be debited on this date. Its amount varies according to the categories of vehicles proposed by the agencies.

  • What insurance do you offer on your rentals ?

    All Universal Riders motorcycles are insured against damage suffered by the passenger of the rented motorcycle.

    We also offer an additional guarantee for the driver, this one being a daily fixed supplement.

  • What is Damage Deductible ?and Theft Deductible ?

    Deductible is the minimum amount you will pay in any case of accident or theft. This amount can be reduced by susbcribing an optional insurance before to rent your motorcycle.

    Check our Silver and Gold insurances before to confirm your rental.

  • In which cases is the tenant not covered by the damage deductible ?

    You are not covered by the damage deductible in the following cases:

    - The use of the motorcycle by another person not designated on the rental contract

    - An accident without a third party, or without an identified third party

    - A false declaration on the lease or on the amicable agreement

    - Fuel errors

    - Use of the motorcycle rented for the transport of paid persons, motorcycle races, alcohol or under the influence of drugs.

  • In which cases is the tenant not covered by the theft deductible ?

    The tenant is not covered by the theft deductible in the following cases:

    - Police complaint not made

    - Non return of keys (except break-in or aggression)

  • Can I get out of french territory with your motorcycles?

    Our motorcycles are insured and assisted on the French territory as well as in all the countries appearing on the green insurance card.

    However, we ask you to inform us of your exits from the French territory during your rental.

  • Can I return a motorcycle on a Sunday or a public holiday ?

    Our rental agencies are closed on Sundays and public holidays. It is usually not possible to return the bike at these times. You are responsible for the rented motorcycle up to the time of its return to a staff of our agencies.

  • What should I do in the event of an accident ?

    You must immediately inform us by contacting our customer service representatives and then you must fill out an amicable statement detailing the circumstances of the accident.


    If the bike is no longer capable of running, you should also contact Universal Riders.

  • What to do in case of breakdown ?

    In the event of a breakdown or other technical anomaly / incident, you must not perform any work without the prior consent of Universal Riders.

    We invite you to contact us to let us know, all our vehicles are recent and under warranty manufacturer.

  • I was flashed by an automatic radar ?

    Universal Riders will be required under section L.121-3 of the Highway Code to provide your contact information to the police court that will send you the notice of contravention.

    In addition, management fees may be charged to you for the treatment and management of any contravention resulting from a violation of the rules of parking, speed, signage ...